Research & Development
Programme Hospitalier de Recherche Clinique National (PHRCN) [National Clinical Hospital Research Programme] Preconception
This clinical research project is led by the MAP (“Medically Assisted Procreation”) of the Bluets centre (Paris 12th arrondissement) and MatriceLAB Innove. This is a randomised, controlled protocol evaluating the utility of immune testing of uterine receptivity for women starting their course of PMA. This study started in February 2015.
Know more about this program
Better understanding of immune mechanisms
In order to best advise patients and propose the best adapted treatments to their immunological profile, we must first understand their mechanisms of action. To be able to accomplish this we need to compare the results of our biomarkers before and after treatment. One can obtain this information if patients with a dysregulated profile accept performing a second test under proposed treatment.
Current understanding of immune balance during embryo transplantation is constantly evolving. New mechanisms are updated, which identifies new potential therapeutic targets. We study new targets to add to our receptivity testing in order to improve our diagnostics. With these new targets, we can develop dysregulation profiles and propose even more-relevant therapeutic strategies.
Payment by Health Insurance
In the context of our innovation process, we are working to demonstrate the medical benefit of this testing with health authorities in order to be reimbursed by health insurance. Your cooperation is vital in this context. We also invite you to communicate with us at the start of your next IVF attempt, giving the transfer date and the number of embryos transferred (fresh or frozen). In the case of pregnancy, we would also like to understand the course (any possible complications, etc.) as well as the delivery duration, the sex and weight of the child at birth.
Automating and certifying the uterine receptivity immunity test
In order to respond to the increasing demands of clinicians and patients, more of whom would like to conduct immunological testing of uterine receptivity before IVF, we have successively automated the various stages of our testing. This also allows us to develop new testing platforms in Paris.
We are working in parallel to develop software to directly create a patient file, accessible by the physician, the patient and the laboratory, thus permitting follow-up on the testing and to directly gather the notes (expected implementation at the end of 2020).
This software will simplify the processes and reduce the time needed to obtain results.
All the development steps are managed in adherence with European standards, and our goal is to obtain ISO 13485 certification by the start of 2021.
- Endometrial Immune Profiling : A Method to design Personalized Care in Assisted Reproductive Medicine
Endometrial Immune Profiling
- Intralipids may represent a new hope for patients with reproductive failures and simltanously an over immune endometrial activation
Document Adobe Acrobat [230.7 KB]
- Impact of prednisone in patients with repeated embryo implantation failures: Beneficial or deleterious?
Impact of prednisone in patients with re[…]
Document Adobe Acrobat [246.5 KB]
- Uterine immune profiling for increasing live birth rate: A one-to-one matched cohort study
lédée et al, JRI 2016.pdf
Document Adobe Acrobat [445.7 KB]
- The Uterine Immune Profile May Help Women With Repeated Unexplained Embryo Implantation Failure After In Vitro Fertilization
Document Adobe Acrobat [1.1 MB]
- Impediments to implantation
Document Adobe Acrobat [2.3 MB]
- Préparer l’endomètre à l’implantation embryonnaire
Medecine de la Reproduction Préparer l’e[…]
Document Adobe Acrobat [1.6 MB]
- New pre-conception immune biomarkers for clinical practice: interleukin-18, interleukin-15 and TWEAK on the endometrial side, G-CSF on the follicular side.
- Lédée N, Petitbarat M, Rahmati M, Dubanchet S, Chaouat G, Sandra O, Perrier-d’Hauterive S, Munaut C, Foidart JM.J Reprod Immunol. 2011 Mar;88(2):118-23. doi: 10.1016/j.jri.2011.01.007. Epub 2011 Feb 18. Review.
- TWEAK appears as a modulator of endometrial IL-18 related cytotoxic activity of uterine natural killers. Petitbarat M, Rahmati M, Sérazin V, Dubanchet S, Morvan C, Wainer R, de Mazancourt P, Chaouat G, Foidart JM, Munaut C, Lédée N. PLoS One. 2011 Jan 7;6(1):e14497. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0014497.
- Tolerance to the foetal allograft? Chaouat G, Petitbarat M, Dubanchet S, Rahmati M, Ledée N.Am J Reprod Immunol. 2010 Jun;63(6):624-36. doi: 10.1111/j.1600-0897.2010.00832.x. Epub 2010 Mar 29. Review.
- Tumor necrosis factor-like weak inducer of apoptosis (TWEAK)/fibroblast growth factor inducible-14 might regulate the effects of interleukin 18 and 15 in the human endometrium. Petitbarat M, Serazin V, Dubanchet S, Wayner R, de Mazancourt P, Chaouat G, Lédée N.Fertil Steril. 2010 Aug;94(3):1141-3. doi: 10.1016/j.fertnstert.2009.10.049. Epub 2009 Dec 11.
- Uterine receptivity and cytokines: new concepts and new applications.Lédée N, Dubanchet S, Oger P, Meynant C, Lombroso R, Ville Y, Chaouat G.Gynecol Obstet Invest. 2007;64(3):138-43.
- Role of the endometrial tripod interleukin-18, -15, and -12 in inadequate uterine receptivity in patients with a history of repeated in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer failure.Lédée-Bataille N, Bonnet-Chea K, Hosny G, Dubanchet S, Frydman R, Chaouat G. Fertil Steril. 2005 Mar;83(3):598-605.
- [Materno-foetal dialogue and human embryo implantation: some evolving concepts].Lédée-Bataille N.J Gynecol Obstet Biol Reprod (Paris). 2004 Nov;33(7):564-76. Review. French.
- A new role for natural killer cells, interleukin (IL)-12, and IL-18 in repeated implantation failure after in vitro fertilization.Lédée-Bataille N, Dubanchet S, Coulomb-L’hermine A, Durand-Gasselin I, Frydman R, Chaouat G.Fertil Steril. 2004 Jan;81(1):59-65.